Reimbursement is critical to market success for products that are utilized within each healthcare market segment. 3S advises planning for reimbursement at every stage of product development.
Reimbursement issues, such as whether new or existing medical codes are appropriate, affect regulatory choices in product claims and labeling and (for devices) whether to prepare 510(k) versus PMA applications. These issues in turn affect clinical studies, including indication for use, patient population and clinical endpoints.
In addition, reimbursement needs frequently entail the collection of data on medical economics during clinical studies. Lack of appropriate and convincing economic data can add years to your timeline to profitability.
3S provides strategies and solutions that help our clients achieve favorable coverage decisions and adequate payment for their products.
Listed below are just some of our reimbursement related services:
- Reimbursement assessment
- Outcomes studies, reports, and publications
- Medical economic studies and modeling
- Applications for new HCPCS, CPT and/or ICD-9-CM codes
- Coverage policy proposals and technology assessment reports
- Proposals to Medicare and other payers to address outmoded payment classifications
- Product awareness with key administrators and thought leaders
The 3S Difference:
- 3S offers a comprehensive approach that considers reimbursement issues at all stages of product lifecycle
- 3S helps clients strategically evaluate coding, coverage, and payment issues for their impact on physicians, hospital administrators, and third-party payers
- 3S helps clients understand how product design, clinical needs, regulatory decisions, and marketing plans affect reimbursement levels and timelines to profitability
- 3S stays current on changes in health care policies which may impact the clinical categories on which our clients focus